Pages

Sunday 11 May 2014

Just Be

Light creeps through my window pane.. And I wonder. Is this what it is to be alive?
Amidst all of the anxiety and burden that I feel. It's quiet. Right now. In these moments where I can only hear my heartbeat and soft breath, where the birds are singing lullabies from faraway countries.. Is this what life is? Being truly present in a moment? 
Allowing yourself to just be. Allowing your thoughts to quieten where the only sound you hear is that of your pulsing, racing heartbeat. 
It reminds me.. 
"I am I am I am"

Human. 
What a beautiful thing that is. To be but a tiny grain in the sands of time. I've come and I'll go. 
For I coexist in such fragile machinery. I will eventually break, disintegrate and disappear.

The very remnants of our body remind us that everything is temporary..even our very being. So. 
Live..fearlessly. Without mental or physical constraint. Exist with love and compassion for every soul you encounter. For the road difficult, long and winding. 

It's nearly dawn break. Silence. 
With the light a new revelation creeps in..
I think I understand the birds song a little better.. We are both very alone in this world. In a terrifying but altogether liberating way. Much like the bird I can fly away.. To wherever my soul pleases. 
Actively fulfil your desires as this is the only way to stay true to your core. Actively create a world over spilling with life. 
Learn to just be. 

When it all gets a little too crazy pause. reflect. And continue. 

Always choose to drown out the noise of the world to listen to the beauty of your own heartbeat. 

Sometimes it's the only thing you need to hear. 

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
- Sylvia Path

No comments:

Post a Comment